Wednesday 20 May 2009

Minerals Engineers Network Group

It's only a week since Norman Lotter, of Xstrata Process Support, introduced me to LinkedIn. I had heard of it before, but had always avoided what I thought was just another version of Facebook.

It certainly is not that. It is an excellent professional networking site, and I was amazed to see so many people that I know already connected. The Minerals Engineers group, which MEI set up last week, now has well over 60 members, and the group is growing daily.

Each member has his/her own URL address linking to a personal profile, which can be used in email signatures etc. Norman's profile, for example, can be seen here.

While on the subject of the Minerals Engineers, I would like to congratulate group member Megan Becker on her award of PhD from the University of Cape Town.

Both Norman and Megan are MEI Conference Consultants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have difficulty posting a comment, please email the comment to bwills@min-eng.com and I will submit on your behalf