Saturday 13 March 2010

CSM past and present gather in Falmouth

I bumped into a number of past students this afternoon, while walking around Falmouth.  They are gathering for tonight's Camborne School of Mines reunion, which promises to be a memorable affair, with the 30th anniversary of the class of 1980, one of my favourite CSM years.

Down by the quayside pub I met up with two old boys from 1985, Andy Mitchell (left) and Paul Benjamin.

Paul I have not seen since he graduated in 1985. Andy stayed on at CSM after graduating, and worked on tin smelting for his PhD, before moving to Holland to work with Billiton.  I last saw him in 1992 when Keith Atkinson and I presented a seminar at Billiton, in Arnhem (right).

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have difficulty posting a comment, please email the comment to bwills@min-eng.com and I will submit on your behalf