Sunday 31 August 2014

A Postcard from Townsville

An email in from Jon, who left Falmouth on Thursday, and arrived in Townsville yesterday after a 40 hour journey:

This is the third AusIMM Mill Operators conference I have been to. After previously visiting Fremantle and Adelaide I am now in Townsville in North Queensland for this the 12th in the series. The venue is the Jupiters Hotel and as can be seen from this picture of me this morning on Castle Hill the surrounding area is incredibly beautiful.

The conference starts tomorrow but this evening there was a quick early registration drink reception before the GD Delprat distinguished lecture which was being given by John Ralston. This gave me a quick chance to catch up with some regular MEI delegates including Sergio Vianna and Chris Greet.

Alan Hitchiner (Evonik Industries), Peter Munro (Mineralurgy Pty) and Chris Greet (Magotteaux)
 

Diana Drinkwater (JKTech) and Sergio Vianna (FLSmidth)
 
If you are attending then be sure to come and see me, I’ll be outside the main hall by the AusIMM table with plenty of information on upcoming MEI Conferences.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have difficulty posting a comment, please email the comment to bwills@min-eng.com and I will submit on your behalf