Tuesday 24 February 2015

February Mining Sundowners

I missed this month's Cornwall Mining Sundowner, which was held for the first time at Tyacks Hotel in Camborne.

CSM's Steve Pendray has emailed this photo with, left to right, Nick Le Boutillier, Nick Eastwood, Bentley Orchard, Jackie Thornton, Carol Richards, Robin Dunn, Steve Pendray, Nick Wilshaw and Tony Thornton.

And Charlie Northfield, of Wolf Minerals' Drakelands Mine, has sent me this photo taken at the Devon Mining Sundowner, earlier in the month at Hemerdon. Left to right are Mark Cox, Tony Delany, Henry Chalcraft, Dave Howourth and Andrew Harry.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. as an ex CSM I remember Tyacks well. 7 nights a week in the Horses Neck bar. I managed to get a job there as a pot wash and I would eat the left over food I collected from the tables so I had more money available for drinking later. 12p a pint then. The good old days ??? mid 70's

    ReplyDelete

If you have difficulty posting a comment, please email the comment to bwills@min-eng.com and I will submit on your behalf