Tuesday 6 February 2018

Avoiding the harsh Cornish winter!

My very first posting on this blog was in February 2009, when I reported on a very rare occurrence: snow in Cornwall!
I have been looking forward to its return since then, and this week there was a very light dusting, which lasted a few hours before the rain set in again. Unfortunately I missed it, as Barbara and I are in Lanzarote this week, the most easterly of the Canary Islands and only 125 km from the African coast.
Although inland the scenery is bleak, with lunar landscapes, in the south of the island, where we are based, there are golden sands beaches reminiscent of Cornwall.





No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have difficulty posting a comment, please email the comment to bwills@min-eng.com and I will submit on your behalf